We assure you that AWL takes the safety of our animals, staff and the community seriously.
We are open and implementing proactive measures to keep our team and customers safe. We are providing our usual services as best we can at this time.
- We are employing social distancing methods, upholding excellent hygiene standards, and using personal protective equipment (PPE) where we need to.
- We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following the advice of the Government Health authorities to minimise the spread of the virus.
- If you are unwell please do not come to any of our sites, we are sure you understand. Thankyou.
- You can still adopt your next pet from AWL’s Edinburgh North site.
- We currently have many adult cats who have been waiting for months to find new homes, if you’ve ever considered adopting please spend some time with an adult cat in our care.
- Please only visit our site if you intend to adopt an animal. To ensure the safety of our community and team, we ask that you do not visit the animals in our care unless you are looking to adopt.
- Click here to view all of our animals awaiting homes.
- AWL is proud to be funded by our generous community and now, more than ever, we are relying on your donations to care for the lost, abandoned and desperate animals in our care.
- Through these trying times, lonely and unloved animals will still need our care, so please give to animals in need.
- Click here to help a kitten, puppy, cat or dog in need.
AWL Pet Boarding
- We are still taking pet boarding bookings and our team will ensure your pet enjoys their holiday with us.
- We are implementing preventative measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 to our team and customers.
If you have returned from an international trip and are required to self-isolate for 14 days, or if you have contracted COVID-19, do not come to AWL to collect your pet. Instead:
- Friend or family member can collect for you: with your permission and proof of identity, our team will allow your pet to be collected by a family member or friend.
- AWL transport: We will not risk the safety of your pet or our team by bringing the pet directly to your property, but with your permission and proof of identity, AWL’s team will transport your pet to a family member’s or friend’s house instead.
- Pet Taxi: You can organise for a Pet Taxi service to collect and drop-off your pet.
- Extend their stay with us: If your pet needs to stay with us for longer. We will extend your booking if space allows however a fee will apply for the extra dates.
AWL Pet Cremations
- We are committed to supporting pet owners who are sadly farewelling their pets. Our respectful Pet Cremation service will continue through this time.
- For the safety of you and our team, we sadly cannot organise a private viewing at this time. We’re sorry and hope that you can understand.
- AWL’s Pet Cremations team will be taking extra precautionary measures and will be wearing full personal protective equipment where needed.
- Our ReTAILS Shops and Sorting Centre are temporarily closed. We are sure you understand and thank you or your support.
- For everyone’s safety, please DO NOT dump donations outside of our ReTAILS stores.
If you would like to make a donation we would truly appreciate pet food or cat litter via the clearly marked donation bins at the below locations:
- AWL Edinburgh North (4 Hewittson Road, Edinburgh North)
- AWL Sorting Centre (Unit 8, 55 Kapara Rd, Gillman)