The Animal Welfare League of SA (AWL) is an animal welfare and care provider recognised for the provision and development of services for animals in need.
We operate the state's largest animal shelter and are industry leaders in re-homing lost, surrendered and abandoned animals.
By becoming a part of the AWL family, you will be assisting in the successful rehabilitation and rehoming of lost and abandoned animals from across South Australia and be a part of an team that leads the industry in animal welfare practices.
Please check back here regularly for further employment opportunities.
The Animal Welfare League of South Australia Inc (AWL) is a leading animal welfare and care provider recognised for the provision and development of services for animals in need.
Established in 1964, AWL operate the state's largest animal shelter and lead the industry in re-homing lost, surrendered and abandoned animals.
An exciting and rare opportunity is available within AWL’s team for a fully qualified Vet Nurse.
The Vet Nurses form an integral part of the Veterinary Team and work closely with the Veterinarians and Animal Attendants.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Vet Nurse with demonstrated ability in working within the Veterinary industry with a wide and varied set of skills within a fast paced environment. You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of Vet Nursing
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience
- Outstanding animal handling skills
- Strong communication and problem solving ability
- Strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering continuous improvement initiatives
Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who is team focused, adaptable and gains respect for their ability to work with people of varying levels of experience and different personalities to achieve positive results.
Please address your application to the People, Culture & Safety Manager and post or email to:
Post: PO Box 1525 Port Adelaide 5015
Applications for this position must address the job and person specification and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.
Are you ready for an exciting and challenging new opportunity?
Are you passionate about using your knowledge and skills to help lost and abandoned animals thrive and find new homes?
Are you looking for a supportive team to help hone your skills?
New grad or experienced professional, we want to hear from you!
AWL is looking for a casual shelter veterinarian to join the team. This is the chance for you to learn more about shelter medicine and make a real difference in an exciting fast paced environment.
At the Animal Welfare League (AWL), we value the lives of people and pets, and encourage a community that values the human animal bond for mutual wellbeing and enrichment.
By becoming a part of the AWL family, you will be assisting in the successful rehabilitation and rehoming of lost and abandoned animals from across South Australia and be part of a team that leads the industry in animal welfare practices.
About the position
Working closely with the veterinary and animal care teams to ensure sound veterinary medical practices, the Veterinarian -
- Provides animal care for all shelter animals, including health examinations, diagnostics, treatments, routine surgeries and consultations with our foster carers
- Ability to perform routine surgical procedures and dental procedures
- Providing information to staff, volunteers and public on appropriate animal care
- Maintains accurate and complete medical records
- Respectfully and clearly communicates with staff and volunteers to meet the needs of the animals in our care
This role will suit someone who is flexible, energetic, intuitive and motivated with the following skills and experience -
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of issues relating to animal welfare
- Knowledge of procedures used in administering and monitoring anaesthesia, providing emergency care, and performing routine surgeries and dental procedures
- Knowledge of cat and dog breeds, basic animal behaviour and low stress handling
- Current registration with the Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia
- Knowledge and understanding of state veterinary legislations
Please address your application to the People, Culture & Safety Manager and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position must address the essential criteria of the job description and be accompanied by a covering letter and current CV.