Work Experience Program
PLEASE NOTE: All vacancies in the 2013 Work experience program have been filled
The AWL operates a work experience program to offer opportunities to young South Australians interested in learning more about the animal industry. This program is a critical part of the AWL’s Vision and Values and in entrenching the AWL in the broader community.
The program offers a unique insight into not only the workings of the animal industry, but also on the broader running of a not-for profit business. The AWL work experience program is structured over five days, which includes the following areas;
- Animal Shelter / Pound – dogs
- Marketing & Events
- Animal Boarding
- Animal Shelter / Pound – cats
This program may change and areas of interest can also be tailored for.
- The AWL only accepts individuals who are part of a formal and recognised work experience program
- The AWL will only take one student at a time.
- Enquiries must be received at least 1 month prior to the placement dates.
- Enquiries must address the five points below.
- Placement will not be confirmed until all forms have been received.
- Further work experience information will be sent once a placement has been confirmed.
Please answer the following questions in your email:
- Contact Details
- Work Experience Program details (i.e. which school you belong to)
- The relevant dates
- The reason why you would like to do your work experience at the AWL
For those who are not part of a formal program, AWL offers a range of volunteering options for 18 year olds and above.
OR CALL 8348 1300